Bereavement Support Group
- Subscribe to schedules by email
- Our Prayers
- St Jude Home Page
- Map and Directions
- Faith Formation Registration
- This Week's Bulletin
- Mass & Confession Schedule
- Altar Server Schedule
- EM/Lector/Deacon Schedule
- St. Jude Calendar
- Office of Faith Formation
- Faith Formation Calendar
- Special Events
- Photo Album
- Old Bulletins
- Links to other sites
- Site Map
St. JUDE'S BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT GROUP
HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED THE DEATH OF A SPOUSE?
FOR SUPPORT, THERE WILL BE EIGHT SESSIONS STARTING
FRIDAY OCTOBER 3rd, 7:00PM- 8:30PM. TO REGISTER OR FOR
MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL THE RECTORY AT
281-5743 EXT 4. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO START OF SESSION.
• To receive positive feedback that the experiences of grief are normal-
"I'm not going crazy".
• To know that others- "just like me" have been there too, and have survived.
• To be encouraged to share pain, fears and frustrations.
• To be enabled to tell your story- repeatedly.
• To be able to share the physical, emotional and spiritual pain of loss and to be understood by a caring group of friends.
• To ask for help and receive encouragement.
• To give to others as they give to you.
• To revive and review memories.
• To receive the strength to let go- to say goodbye.
• To test the appropriateness of decisions.
• To find more effective coping strategies.
• To tolerate unanswerable questions.
• To become open to God's presence in your life.
• To experience God's love through His Church in the companionship
• of sisters and brothers in faith.